Sunday 12 May 2013

A couple of Marathon Crazies

From left, G, Nana, Gusy, Me and Liza behind the camera
Another weekend away from home, this is about 8 in a row....but all for a good cause, we are in Rotorua for the marathon. Gusy and Nana are primed and ready to knock it off!.  Graham, Raff, Holly, Liza and I are support crew, however I have been talked into doing the half marathon first.

The weather was meant to be rain, rain and more rain !!! but we had perfect run weather, overcast and the rain held off until we all got back to the bach.  We stayed at the lake house an awesome bach on the edge of Lake Rotorua.  Fab views :)

An odd late start, the half kicking off at 9am and the marathon at 9.30am.  I started out in a steady run, I was hoping to do a personal best time, and that was looking good until I hit the 13k marker.  Then the legs caved and the rest was a crawl and push all the way home. 

Yup - I finally finished!
Felt like I had done a blinkin Ironman for goodness sake.  I was sooo happy to finish I went and spent $8 on a finishers medal.   Too dam tired to bike round and meet the girls, I meet up with Liza who had been on her own training ride round the lake, so we jumped in the car and drove round the course.  After a few hours we gave up and headed back to the finish line, for sure we would catch them there.  I am such a grap supporter!!

Nana knocked it over in under 5hrs and Gusy cruised in not longer after in 5hrs 30.  Nice work ladies ! Bring on an Ironman eh ?? :)

Well was easy bring on a IM!
Still running at 41k NICE

The girls looking fab and ready for another!

No comments:

Post a Comment