Monday 13 May 2013

Jafa takes over the blog for a few days

Well, currently Chris is over in Thailand (Bangkok) for work. So to be fair, a bit tricky to do any major training, she will be lucky to fit in a couple of sessions in the hotel gym.

So I am hijacking her blog with an update on this weeks training by her extended support crew and training buddies.

Yesterday Camp Mother got all super keen and efficient (a pretty normal state of affairs for her to be fair!), and I was booked in to a spin class.  This was held at the local bike shop in Takapuna, Kiwivelo.  So this is a "flash-as" bike shop selling some really expensive bikes - so I was feeling somewhat intimidated!  I was running on time thank goodness, and when I got there, CM had us front and centre!  Yikes!  But I had a good view of the TV and the Giro d'Italia.  

The lady to my right was pedalling so frenetically her bike and wind trainer were slowly moving backwards! We did a lot of pedalling in the small chain ring, slowly moving up the gears and then going flat out before a wee rest and starting it all again.  I think we did this about 35 times....at least that is what it felt like when I got off and felt like my legs were wobbly!  I did seem to have some co-ordination issues geting myself back to the car carrying the windtrainer, and pushing my bike.  I got home and it was the best shower ever!

CM is determined to push me along, so I was commited to a 5:50am meet at the Quay St cafe to do a Tuesday morning ride along Tamaki Drive. This requires me to wake up at 5:15am.  And I would like to confirm that I am still not a  morning person.  I made it in time, and we met up with Yvonne too.  CM pushed all of us along to St Heliers, then we headed back, and CM did her little activities she needed to as part of her training, whilst Yvonne and I pegged it back a wee bit.  We headed back towards the city, then after about 10 minutes turned around and rode back to St Heliers and then turned around again to get back to the city.  

What a beautiful morning and spectacular sunrise.  Yvonne is a star and stuck with me as I progressively got slower and slower.  CM caught us up and helped drag us back to base, with a couple of speedy bursts.

My coffee this morning never tasted better - and it seems tomorrow is a recovery day (I translate that to a "sleep-in") and then Thursday CM is suggesting an even earlier start to go out with her bunch along Tamaki Drive and then Yvonne and I can peel off and do our own little set of hills whilst the bunch carries on.  Tune in for more updates on Thursday :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Liza !!
    Will have you signed up for Ironman in no time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. blimey ... reading this just makes me feel tired! well done :-)

    ReplyDelete