Tuesday 19 March 2013

Just keep running ....

I'm determined not to let my run fitness drop off, so when Bethan (new house guest and training buddy) offered to come for a run with me this morning, I thought why not.  After all I have been training for a while now and did a marathon recently.  I certainly wasn't expecting to get an ass kicking!

Bethan aka Jonesy
On the cards was a 60min run, with 4x 30sec up tempo (increase the cadence).  We headed off from home up a few hills (undulation) just to tire her out, then we kicked in with the up tempos.  I kicked off thinking I would make a little head way, but NO! I could hear her on my shoulder then just as we were finishing off she speed up to over take me!!! Same repeated for the next two up tempos, despite my best effort she blinkin past me again.  BUGGAR this, I saved the final up tempo effort for a good up hill leg, surely I could maintain a lead, surely!!  Unfortunately I started to get tired so we didn't reach the top of the hill, but I made sure she didn't get a chance to overtake so called the finish line early.  Yay I finally won!

Goodness me, I need to keep up this run training, I mean Bethan aka Jonesy, has only been back run training for a few weeks as part of our house "fit camp", was "fat camp" but we didn't like this name.

1 comment:

  1. good to see you both pushing each other...

    ReplyDelete