Wednesday 13 March 2013

New cycle group ...

Whilst I have been off riding 6+ hours on my own, Camp Mother has found us a new regular (Tues, Thurs) group to ride with, Velo Boutique or VB for short.  There are more people and they ride just as fast up the hills as they go along the straights so this should surely make us stronger!!  They wait at the top of hills and if your falling behind you may feel the 'hand of god' on your back pushing you along. i.e. one of the strong guys pushes you along at great speed and gives you a final shove where you find yourself shooting past everyone else :)

Kit with fluro, even matches the bike!
Today was my second ride and Im seeing some conflict on the no fluro rule, but obviously it is ok if it is part of your sexy matching kit, I will try to get a photo! 

Yes coach I am sticking to my one hour ride time, its great cos I miss the final hill and are first in line for the coffee orders at the cafe. Today was a special treat as Liza got out on her bike, then met us at the cafe later.  Always nice to have a pretty face to look at :)

2 comments:

  1. Are you saying my face isn't pretty ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to branch out with new riders and it sounds like this group will help you with the round Taupo goal of under 5.5 hours. :) Was a nice ride tho I clearly need a floodlight on my bike so I can see where I am going, and also be more visible to the stupid woman who nearly ran me over as she exited the Les Mills Gym carpark - stupid woman!!!

    ReplyDelete