Wednesday 3 April 2013

My apologies ...

I will consider myself told off! Seems I have a following of readers who are not pleased I have been a slack bum and not posted since mid-March.  So here you go, a mix n match of the last few weeks and I promise to stay regular :)

Going to HELL, they have nice pizza.
Our house fit/fat camp is not going well, we were to lose weight but it seems we all put more weight on, and it wasn't muscle!  Perhaps the photo evidence (Pizza Night) could help to explain why ?? Despite the relapse for fast food, at least we have all picked up on the exercise front.  Liza has taken to riding 3 times per week, Tuesday and Thursday morning and a coffee ride in the weekend.  And when possible sneaks for a round of golf.  Awesome work babe!


Coffee Ride, from left Gusy, Camp Mother, a "ring in" and Liza

Prep for Swim at Takapuna
Its hard work trying to line up 3 different training schedules, Camp Mother has her cycle program, Gusy is currently training for her marathon and I have my own program to maintain fitness and improve running.  On a Sunday I try to take a look at everyones program and lineup where possible.  So been riding Tuesday, Thursday with VB, Wednesday with KV and Sundays with NZ Cyclist.  Running on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday or Sunday.  Lucky work is off to a slow start, as I need those afternoon naps :)


Helensville Toilet Stop
Did my first long ride with NZ Cyclists on Sunday, a great excuse to get out of gardening over the long weekend.  But seems the working party also took a break but they watched movies ... buggar.  Anyway I did enjoy our 90k ride to Helensville and back, even enjoyed the compulsary stop at the Helensville toilets.  The ride was a lot faster than previous times, everyone has improved! And all have the team gear, whilst I stick out like the "odd fella", in my orange vest.  It was also the first time I have caught up with the troops since I ditched them for the long solo rides for Ironman buildup.  I was great to share stories!

Still enjoying the food recovery
Joined the Kiwivelo ride this morning, a pathetic effort on my part! I was having trouble concentrating so rather than do something stupid and take out the entire bunch I quietly moved to the back, then spent the rest of the ride merely trying to hold on.  If it wasn't for Camp Mother being on the ride I would have bailed and panced out after the first 20 minutes.  We have the 100k Flyer in the weekend so perhaps I should ease off so we can go hard on Saturday!

Gusy and I joined Bethan for a lunch time ocean swim.  Bethan is so ready for her "King of the Bays" swim on Saturday.  I tried to prepare her for a bit of rough which always happens when swimming in a group.  First she merely laughed when I swam over top her, then she smacked me round the head! Nice one!.  I always say "give as good as you get".  Her and Gusy will kick ass in the water on Sat and Camp Mother and I will kick ass in the Flyer.  GO US!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to have something to read again. FB was getting boring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you are blogging again - I missed hearing what you were up to! Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep we all missed the blog - thank goodness it is back and thanks for nagging her too Caryn!!

    ReplyDelete