Sunday 14 April 2013

XTERRA, Rotorua

Myself all kitted up
I decided to extend my recovery to the entire week, hence why I have been slack on updating the blog. But now Im feeling like I need to go hard ... and that kicked off with XTERRA this weekend down in Rotorua ... although this was to be a fun event as Liza had been invited through her work and I was the tag along.

We headed to RotoVegas Friday after work, registered and picked up our kit, then downed a reasonable amount of wine with our hosts.  Oh no! Sat morn and both Liza and I are waking up to Panadol.  A quick breaky around 6.30am then off to the Blue Lake.

Liza looking cool
Liza and I decided we would run/walk the 11k off road together, and for the first time we actually finished an event together, "hand in hand" crossing the line, although I secretly suspect Liza tried to slip her foot out in front just to beat me over the line.  It was nice but I can see this was the first and most likely the last time such an occasion would happen, after all we are both fiercely competitive !!!.

We had a great weekend, our hosts were extremely generious, as you can see by our cool kits which included addidas run t-shirt, tights/shorts and a puffer vest, the race pack had a hat and other goodies.  We ate and drank like royality and where grateful for the sleepin on Sunday morning before our leisurely drive home.

Another highlight for the weekend was a new wetsuit purchase, Blue Seventy had a stand at the expo with a range of demo suits and great specials.  So on the Sat after our race I slipped into my togs and tried on the recommended suit, of course it was a top of the line Helix.  A new suit with not much stretch it took a bit of effort to get into, only then to go for a test swim and be told it wsa too big.  So wet I tried to squeeze this not so slim body into a suit which looked like it wouldn't even fit my sister in law.  About an hour later :) I finally got it on and went for a swim.  Once it was on it actually felt really good and come off in record time, so SOLD.  Oh yes and I scored a brand new Helix for $400 off the price, normal RRP $849.  I will include a photo soon ....  

2 comments:

  1. Yeah it was pretty funny watching you wriggle your way into the suit when you were already wet! But good job - I think the fact they let you take the wetsuit for a test drive is awesome and it is a wizzy looking thing - I am sure you will swim faster!! Huge thanks to Camp Mother for the temporary wetsuit she lent you as this helped us to convince you your old one was waaaayyy too big! Love you honey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go the skinny wetsuit !!!! YAY ;)

    ReplyDelete