Sunday 7 April 2013

Event overload!

The gang, from left, Yvonne, Gusy, CM, Liza and Me
Still recovery from the "the flyer", today we are off to do the first race of the Run Auckland Series a 5k or 10k run. Nice!  A heap of us have signed up for the series with the "Koru Flyers", thanks Gusy! means we scored entry at half price and a sexy t-shirt!! check out our photo, don't we look cool!

I headed off with Gusy although she started at speed, passing a heap of people.  Must admit legs were a little tired from yesterdays ride, so as we approached the end of the second lap (5k) I decided that was good enough for me and bowed out.  I was pleased to do 5k at a good pace (29mins). It was fun cheering on everyone else!! Go CM, 100k yesterday and you still managed to run 10k! You do have some mightly big stones in your crit, go girl! I love it. :)  Gusy went on to complete her 10k plus another 2 laps, 15k in all.  Makes my 5k look a bit pathetic, you are well on your way to a good marathon in May!!

Liza and I were saving ourselves for an afternoon of hardcore gardening! Lucky Us.....

1 comment:

  1. And we managed to finish off the required gardening too which was great. Its always awesome to catch up with mates at these crazy events :)

    ReplyDelete